Friday, March 12, 2010

Whoa OH! Whoa OH!

Oh man, if you're wondering how close I was to Hayley and Taylor. Let me try to put it to you this way, I took this picture from facebook. This is not my picture. I was WAY closer to the stage that this pic. I'm seriously not lying to you when I said that I was 2 heads away from Hayley. Getting there though... was like a fight for survival. If you still don't know what happened to me in the process of getting there, look at my previous entry.



anyways i'm not giving Paramore's concert the justice it deserves but delaying this entry for so damn long until now so i'll try to make this a good one :). So it begins on sunday, paramore concert. I couldn't contact Shaheeran so I decided to go alone, that was until I met up with my pri sch friend Hafiz Karni and his girlfriend. I got a lift from my brother's car to the stadium and reached there around 4pm. Walked along the entire queue, looked at it and instantly went "no way in hell i'm queuing up now, its bloody hot". I decided to queue at 6pm. 2 hours of hell I tell you. I was like at the back of the queue, alone, with nobody to talk to except these few guys and a girl who I made friends with. apparently we were the "I can't be bothered to come early" group. ahha.

Skip to the concert, Hafiz called me and told me that from his seating position, the standing crowd is already half full. I was still queueing up and I felt terrible, like I just wasted $111 dollars to be at the back of the crowd. So it was then and there that I planned my epic objective, to get as near as possible to Hayley Williams and get her to atleast notice me. cheywah. When I went in, it was like sardines in a can. You know its like Baybeats all over again! The opening band was, alright lah I guess but it was like a cheap version of Paramore. You know its gonna get bad when people start to get close to one another before the main event starts ahaha, I knew firsthand what to expect so I decided that the best time for me to just charge all the way infront is when the first song starts and everyone just rushes infront. Perfect time for me to squeeze and force myself to go infront.



The reason is because I know for 1 certain fact that when the girls infront who queued up for hours literally get trampled and crushed against the barrier, they will DEFINITELY escape and go to the back of the crowd. It doesn't feel wonderful, its f'ing scary and imagine that on a girl's mind. but hey whatever gets me closer to Hayley, I'll do it! :P. And guess what, after the intro and the first song (Ignorance). I was already 2 heads away from Hayley HAHAHA. oh man I felt like a jackass since I came late and got to see Hayley THAT CLOSE. I had so many injuries from that stupid charge to the frontstage but who cares, I was literally under Hayley's feet! eh to think about it, I charged while singing along to Ignorance. LOL. so you know, squeeze through, stop for a few seconds, shout "IGNORANCE IS YOUR NEW BEST FRIEND! IGNORANCE IS YOUR NEW BEST FRIEND!", then continue to squeeze through.

They played crushcrushcrush for the 2nd song if im not wrong and I finally got to settle down to sing and jump with the crowd without worrying about getting kicked in the face by a random guy whos bodysurfing or getting shoved at the back. Hayley was frickin awesome live, I waved and sang so loud trying to get her attention and after a while, she came to my side of the stage (center), bent down, waved and smiled while singing. OMG! I never felt so happy in a concert, it was like surreal! "I just got kicked in the face and punched in the jaw to see Hayley wave and smile at me. wow." As songs went on and on, it was clear to see that Hayley was really impressed with the crowd because sometimes she'll just raise her hands and from her body language, you can tell that she was thinking "I really don't have to sing, you guys are loud enough!". One of the guys near me then threw a beanie which she wore, and damn she looks cute while wearing a beanie. Someone near me then threw a sweaty shirt which I guess he was expecting her to wear it HAHA. she joked about it and went "wow who's shirt is this? this feels disgusting! but dont worry its no different that mine!". When she sang The Only Exception with the beanie on, it was EPIC. It felt so peaceful with everyone and their lighters, cellphones and cameras waving in the air. The crowd was superb, Hayley's voice was harder to hear when compared to the crowd.



The crowd was amazing, every word she utters will come with an echo from the crowd. We were seriously THAT loud. dont believe me, look at this video for the encore. Even Hayley said "I want you to know that we don't say this every night, infact we haven't said this for a long time, but when we were back there talking before we came back out, we decided that this is definitely the loudest crowd we've ever had!". Just look at the two videos. Listen to the chorus for Brick by Boring Brick and for The Only Exception, no explanation needed.



It was sad when it ended, because its not everyday that I get to see Paramore live. They were so awesome, energetic and the crowd was so pumped up. Next band I want to see live in Singapore is none other than Bullet for my Valentine and Silverstein. My cousin whos a metalhead invited me to go watch Lamb of God with him and he even has VIP backstage access to meet Randy Blythe, the vocalist of the band. All I had to do was pay him $88 bucks. I told him this: "No sorry man. I don't want to die." There's a reason why its called the wall of death. Go look for videos of wall of death on youtube! people can actually DIE from the wall of death, by getting trampled to death or from asphyxiation. So no thanks man, i'll skip the LoG concert. aaaand also because I don't really like their music :P.

alright hope this entry is long enough and im off to bed. I apologize for not updating yst night but I was damn tired. I've been going back home very late these days so you know, kinda lazy at times. okay gnite ppls! :D

No comments: