Tuesday, June 23, 2009

What a cold night it turned out to be

gosh it feels horrible to not qualify for the 3rd round :(. urgh! this is gonna be a loooooong post aswell but theres lots of details if you wanna know what happened. okay so basically today's round of auditions was a bloody massacre. you know its like weeding out the extremely good singers from the rest. oh well theres not much regrets for me because i got to the 2nd round, so that's good enough. Alot of the people around me had great voices but yet the judges didnt let them through. it was really weird because the guy infront of me sang and played hotel california on his guitar and it was REALLY good! His own version had like a John Mayer-ish feeling to it and he made it so lively. Me and this new guy i met, zaki heard him sing and we thought it was really good. so the judges went on and on telling him that they're not looking for stuff like him. wth so much for looking towards originality. I was so nervous that I couldnt even stand still ahha. Hady Mirza saw me shivering and he made me feel a little better. But ultimately i was still nervous as hell because the guy who just auditioned didnt get in and he was so good in my opinion. oh and Hady remembered me from the first round ahha.

Hady Mirza: Sejuk?
Me: yeah very cold... and nervous.
Hady Mirza: whats your name again ah?
Me: Herrizal Nazari
Hady Mirza: oh so you're malay.... your mother is chinese right?
Me: ya, how you know?! yeah so we're on the same boat lah haha!
Hady Mirza: ya my mother is chinese too. stop shaking and relax! just do your best and dont forget eye contact. you drank lots of water already?
Me: so-so lah but my drink is outside, the bugger didnt let me bring it in.
Hady Mirza: *gives me a bottle of water* here you go, all the best!


When it was my turn to audition, i was so damn nervous. I could feel my voice was trembling a bit. It's very hard to explain how the atmosphere was but you'll know what I mean when you go to the audition. It's like 15 people in the room are listening to your every word, not only the judges. There's like 3 or 4 cameras pointing at your face and the lights were shining so brightly. Its really scary because 1 small mistake can land you a super insulting remark from the judges. I liked the first round better because I felt really comfortable. For this one, omg it feels like shit lol. They cut me off when I was halfway through the chorus so that really pissed me off. I wanted to get to the bloody bridge :(. Ken said that there's other people who are better than me and that I wasnt good enough compared to them. Well no kidding, the girl infront us sang so well and she got her share of insulting remarks BEFORE they decided to put her through the next round. I wanted to sing heartless but they didnt let me :(. I felt really terrible after that so I just agreed with them and walked out.

So we're supposed to go to this Confessions room where we are asked to give our comments. Basically its a cheap way of them trying to get you to vent all your frustration and sound stupid so they can put you on tv and get people to laugh at you. I knew that so I held back from saying stupid stuff ahaha. I found out from zaki that dick said to him that 'you're not meant to sing.' WTF. what kind of a comment is that?! Ryan told me that his line up also received remarks and some girls even cried :/. then some guy nearby who got in said that he literally had to beg to get into the next round. we were interviewed soon after so I said that i'm happy with myself despite not getting through the next round but i already made it to the 2nd one so that's good enough. I also told them that i'm not gonna stop singing anytime soon just because I didnt get into the next round. I also said this :P.

me: but of course you know, my sore loser side will say something totally different from that hah.
Interviewer: what would your sore loser side say?
me: I'm not gonna tell you!
Interviewer: ahya say lah, its the CONFESSIONS room.
me: okay fine, haha. My sore loser side would probably say that the judges were very mean to a bunch of us because they're hungry.
Interviewer: What makes you think so?
me: well me and the guy behind me overheard the judges in the room asking the producers to rush things so that they can go to lunch... and the producers said '5 more. 5 more.' but of course, thats my sore loser side.


I felt really terrible after that but it kinda died down a little bit because Ryan was there to support me. Unlike someone who said 'ok ok, i woke up' and then fell asleep. I wonder WHO ah. >:(.. ahha. well all i gotta say is that life goes on, I still have lots of time to improve my voice and my jamming sessions and gigs have been beneficial to me because it trains my voice especially for high notes and also for singing loud. Like I said, I got to the 2nd round so that's better than nothing. That's good because it proves that atleast I CAN sing but of course i'm not extremely good like one of the girls in my line up who go into the next round. I'm still a little disappointed because I think I may have chosen the wrong song but bah, its too late now. Oh and if anyone of you are having the auditions tmr or the next day, all I can say is good luck and dont let the judge's hurting comments get to you(if you do receive one). They just want to look good infront of tv, so all the best for you guys who are going to audition soon! oh and feel free to drop me a tag if you guys get in :D.
gnite ppls! :D

No comments: