Wednesday, February 18, 2009

no pain, no gain.



hello ppls! :D i wanted to update last night but youtube gave me errors on uploading videos so i had to wait until tonight. the video above was taken like about a week ago. if you read my blog a few weeks back, i was having high fever and at times i would cough out jellified blood, remember? yeah the video was taken back then. I was really bored at night and furthermore i was in a really good mood so i decided to do something stupid/random with the bottle opener. my mom bought this drink called oldenlandia water from the seng-sei or whatever you call it. it does look like a bottle of carlsberg but i can assure you that its not beer. drinking is bad for your health people! :P anyways the video is quite dumb so dont tell me that its lame because I already know that its lame :P. oh and if you're wondering, i wanted to be a bartender once so that i can do those kind of stuff :D.

anyways i went to the gym at 2pm just now with jonathan, ziq and wen jie. I didnt go to the gym for 4 days so i had to make this session an intense one. I trained on everything today. Biceps, shoulders, triceps, chest and abs. that 2 hours spent in the gym is just insane! the last thing i trained before we went off was my abs. oh my goodness, no words can describe how painful it was for my stomach. but after 2 hours of torture, it really feels good to see my body growing each time i go to the gym. Jonathan went home after that while me, ziq and wen jie went to lot 1 to have a late lunch. We went to GNC after that to buy wen jie's whey protein. you know what? i found out that the protein that im taking 'wheybolic extreme 60' from GNC is 189 dollars in s'pore. I bought 2 bloody bottles for 72 USD in houston. if you take 72 times 1.4 its 108 dollars and 80 cents. Its a HUGE difference from the price in s'pore man! no wonder i can see the results damn fast ahha :P. i got home around 645 and slept until 930pm. i'm still having cramps now urgh.

okay, time for a cover. i'm playing hoobastank's 'inside of you'. i really don't know why the quality is SO bad even though i picked the best quality in windows movie maker :/. anyways i did this song on the previous saturday(not few days ago) at halim's house. i was in a really bad mood so i didnt play it that well especially for the chorus parts. its supposed to be played with 2 guitars because the lower chords should be played with no distortion. i should've only played the power chords(top 2 strings) since its distorted. nonetheless, i think i played the riffs correctly and they were in sync with the song. I did screw up the solo at one point but i kept going on instead of stopping. i was in a bad mood and i was trying so hard to not yawn because i was just so tired!



anyways, i talked to jack yesterday about the band stuff and so far we're all okay with reviving the band. we just need a drummer and we're all set. so far, 'post love affliction' is not bad for the band name. anyone got any suggestions? we also have a list of songs that we could play. here's the songs that we're thinking of playing.

1. my heroine by silverstein (confirm playing :D)
2. your sword vs my dagger by silverstein (awesome riffs)
3. roses for the dead by funeral for a friend (awesome tapping song)
4. we still kill the old way by lost prophets (simple song but its pretty good)
5. The irony of dying on your birthday by senses fail
6. Hearts burst into Fire by Bullet for my Valentine
7. Same Direction - Hoobastank (YESSS!!)
8. Take me back - Story of the Year


those are the list of songs that we can/want to play but im pretty sure we're not gonna play all. you guys can listen to them on youtube or something and tag me which songs are nice to play. it would really help me alot :D. okay well i shall end it here because this is getting a little long. tmr im going to katherinas practice session at tiet. its 6 to 7 if im not wrong so i shall end it here.
oh well, gnite ppls! :D

No comments: