Thursday, January 15, 2009

my head is going to explode

i have no idea how the hell i survived with just 3 hours of sleep but anyways i met up with ziq,bonfurt,wen jie,gena,you zhen,joanne and kevin at 11am just now to discuss about the courses that we wanna go to. I think im putting 'supply chain management' in RP as my first choice. i dunno, i havent confirmed yet. okay so we went to RP first to ask about the appeal process for kevin and basically to find out how the environment is like in RP. The campus is quite small compared to Ngee Ann or SP but nonetheless, its still peaceful and serene. The bad part about it is that theres more malay mats in RP than any other poly. if you know me well, i absolutely hate those kind of people. i just CANNOT get along with them! they're equivalent to the typical ah beng except its malay. From what i heard, the first year of RP is very slacking so you know it kinda affects your mentality on studies if you're not careful. especially if you mix around with the wrong people, you're gonna be screwed. Alot of people told me that RP certs arent recognised so its hard to find jobs when you graduate. dont get me wrong, that COULD be true(who knows?) but i really think that doesnt apply to everyone. sure if you slack for 3 years, get shit scores for GPA at the end and have a lousy diploma, you're gonna find it hard to get jobs. BUT if you do well and get top 10% of your cohort after 3 years, you'll stand the same chance as the people who are in good schools like NP & SP. besides, im not stopping at diploma what. im aiming to go to university to get my degree.

I thought about it last night and i realised that the only problem about RP is some of the people there. every poly has bad influences so its a normal thing. but the good thing is that when people slack, its the best time to take advantage and aim for the top 10% to go to university. besides, i want to further my studies to get a degree in the future so that top 10% is the current goal for me now. even if i cant go to NP, its good because I rather compete myself against people who are more or less equal to me THAN going against people in NP who are fucking smart to get that path to go to university. I just have to avoid getting caught up with bad influences IF im going to RP.

At this point of time, my mind is set on supply chain management in RP. i already asked the person in NP if theres a way for me to enter logistics management when i only have 23 points and she told me that i have to retake my maths so its very unlikely. supply chain management is related to logistics so i'll give it a shot. im still eye-ing for that top 10% of your course to go to university. i think its WAY easier to achieve that in RP than in NP. I think Gena and kevin are gonna try to get into the course. me and gena wouldnt have a problem into getting that course because i have 23 points and she has 22 points. the COP for that course is 26 so there shouldnt be a problem. theres also a couple of my good friends who may be going to RP so atleast im not alone. i seriously think that to survive in RP, i need to be with the same group of friends who always pushed me to study. im probably not gonna put any of the NP choices as my 1st,2nd or 3rd choice because why would i want to be in NP just because its a good school when the course that i'll get in it sucks. like my sis told me, if you can't get the best thing (which in this case is logistics) get the next best thing. supply chain management is related to logistics so why not?

you know what? im getting carried away with typing these things out so i shall stop it here. i'll fill out the JAE application tonight since its thursday morning already so i'll update tonight to tell you guys what are my choices. most probably i'll choose supply chain management at RP for my 1st choice but i dunno. theres no point if i put like business studies (12 points) for my 1st choice because the person at NP told me that if the gap is more than 3 points, its VERY hard to get in. I have to ask elizabeth about RP since shes already there for 1 year. i think supply chain management is not popular for 'mats' lah. its too complicated for them to understand AHHAHAHHAA. maybe engineering is okay for them :P. okay this entry is definately a boring one with no pictures or videos but thats all i have to say if you're planning to go to RP. i'll update tonight!
oh well, gnite ppls! :D

No comments: