Monday, January 12, 2009

this is it, what we've been waiting for.

i dont have much time to update so im just gonna make everything short and simple. Our plane landed on changi airport at 6am just now and i havent been sleeping ever since. I guess its from the jet lag and me feeling nervous about the results. Like ziq's blog, im gonna say a few things before we get our results. First of all, i'd like to wish everyone good luck for their results. we're all gonna find out our results in just an hour so be prepared in the mean time. theres nothing we can do to change the results so we all will just have to wait and see. Going to houston for a month was a learning journey for me. one of the things that i learnt from my sis is that this O level exam really does determine where you're heading in the future. All we can do now is pray to god that we get good results so that we can go to our desired polytechnics and JC's. A lot of people including me would really want to go to NP so lets hope that we will get there with our results. I dont want to be overconfident just like how i was in PSLE and i got a taste of karma because of that. I'd just try to remain calm.

okay i'll update soon maybe around tonight? i have to get ready now so all the best for your results people and may all of us be jumping for joy when we get our results later.
all the best guys!

edit: okay so i got 23 points L1R4 which for me, is good enough at this point of time. I got choices to go to NP,SP,NYP,TP and RP. The choices that are in NP and SP arent that good because i got a d7 for maths(well atleast i didnt get e8 or else i'll be fucked up). I rather go to a course that I like in RP which is either supply chain management or industrial chain management. theres a high demand for it in singapore, it makes lots of money and the best thing is that not alot of people know about it. plus my brother in law has 10 years experience in logistics so i can ask tips from him too. hes doing really well for somebody his age so kudos to him. I wouldnt say that my future would be bleak just because i didnt do too well for my O's because there are possibilities if i took anything related to logistics. I didnt expect me to get c6 for comb humans and d7 for f&n. i got a2 for comb humans in prelims and b4 for f&n. if i had the same grades from prelims, i'd be having 16 points. unfortunately shit happens so you just gotta deal with it. even though i can go to poly, i feel like this is somewhat a disappoint for me because i can do way better -sigh. but its not the end of the world, theres always hope and to where im heading, im sure there's a good future for me if i just strive hard. everybody has to fall sometimes, its just a matter of how hard you're going to fall.

honestly, im not feeling too disappointed about it. mixed feelings really. im happy that i can atleast go to poly but kinda disappointed because i was expecting my points to be lower than 20. well i think i'll give it a day or two to think about it. TP is totally out of my targets because its fucking far. imagine waking up at 6am everyday and taking two hours to go to the school by bus. not to mention if theres a traffic jam in the early morning. oh well im gonna end it here because im hungry. i'll keep you guys updated if i make up my mind on what course i wanna go to.
oh well, gnite ppls!

No comments: