Sunday, February 14, 2010

Violin Lessons!



Omg just listen to the violin at 1:08. It brings tears to my eyes... well not really, but you get the point. The scaling on the piano is wicked and the violin part at 1:08 just seals the deal! I'm still looking for a music school for my violin lessons. So far the cheapest i've gotten was $106 and the most expensive is $250. I wanted the $250 per month for 4 lessons but my mom said that it's a little expensive. Plus she wants me to use my money for my driving license. Argh. It's okay, i'll figure something out!

You know this is like the most cliche part of any movie where the devil sits on my left shoulder and try to taunt me into doing something stupid while the angel says noooo~, do the right thing. One part of me is saying "ask your sis for money, idiot." while the other part says "save your own money, don't trouble others". this is so tempting..... HAH. I've been wanting to play the violin since I was a small boy but i've always had the idea that violin is for rich people. I wish my grandfather was still alive so he could teach me how to play the violin for free. [and also how to speak better Portuguese :( ]

anyways I've already learned the correct technique for percussive tapping/chuckling thanks to tutorials on youtube and i've even added some spice to it. Instead of just 'karate chopping' the strings, I karate chop it while using my pick to hit the guitar. I'm careful not to hit it too hard because it'll scratch the guitar. so instead of it sounding like a plain chuck, I can switch it whenever I want to sound like a foot tap or a chuck :D. Improvised... insanity, okay lame -.-

BBQ just now to celebrate Aidil's younger sister's bday and it was fun. Played a lot of songs on the guitar with aidil, mizi, fai and fizz. We sounded like the bloody radio for 30 mins HAHA. It was cool okay, everyone was listening to us singing... chey. AHAHA. I wanna cover some songs soon with aidil.. aaah. I wanna make it a really good one this time. I can't imagine doing a dual cover of guitar and violin. OH MY GOSH! :D. I'm pretty sure that won't happen so soon because i'll be making more noise than music for the first few weeks of learning violin anyways.

Anyways i'd like to wish all my chinese friends a Happy Lunar New Year. Gong Xi Fa Cai ;). May you all get a lot of ang bao's for this year and may your new year bring much happiness and prosperity to your lives :D.
gnite ppls! :D

No comments: