Tuesday, September 1, 2009

'for as long as I live, I will not forget this night' by Stephen from Anberlin

Okay to start things off, i'd like to say that I delayed this entry by a couple of hours as I fell asleep while lying on my bed around 10pm. my mom bought a wall-fan for my room so the person had to come and fix the switch and all. It took forever plus my room got very dusty so I decided to sleep in my brother's room and the next thing I know, its already 2:30am. This entry is gonna be long entry because of baybeats.



WHO DO YOU SEE IN THE MIDDLE AT TOPMAN?!!?!?!?

Yes, thats Stephen from Anberlin. Mizi, Isa and Zaki saw him walking around marina square around 4 plus so they decided to take a picture with him. !@#$% I was at swee lee around that time. I should've followed them man ahya.. but nevermind!



Alot of things happened during baybeats. It was fun, awesome, painful because I got kicked on the face during the whole moshing thing and sometimes disappointing because of the mats. The band before anberlin's acoustic set was audiocean and they were quite good. Anberlin's acoustic set was really brilliant especially how they improvise every single song when it comes to vocals and the guitar. I can say that Stephen is very creative when it comes to live performances! The moment they played the unwinding cable car, oh my. :D. The funny thing is that the first song they played was 'a day late' and I was like 'omg. first song is this song already? wth. -_-' AHHA. I had a very bad start for the day because I couldn't find my camera and it turns out that my brother took it. I was late so the guys left without me and mizi got to take photo with anberlin's frontman. Lucky ass. BUT my day didnt end up to be a horrible one. seriously, it didnt! :D

We sang along like a choir for the acoustic set and overall it was pretty fun. We ate at popeyes, relaxed there for awhile and we went to the powerhouse to catch the band before anberlin. This time its a band from the Philippines and they're called 'The Ambassadors'. They were really good in my opinion and I really enjoyed their set. They sound alot like sum 41 + all time low + blink 182.



Anberlin's powerhouse performance was........... AMAZING. Everyone was rocking out to them and singing along. It was my first time in a mosh and I got really irritated by the mats moshing at totally wrong times especially during a slow song. Alot of people were body surfing, jumping around, shouting like hell etc. I got kicked on the face by someguy who was body surfing and it left me with a cut on the left side of my face. urgh. what an asshole. Aidil also got punched on the head because of some reckless idiots who mosh during a slow song. Me and the guys felt sorry for the girls who were near the front because they were trying to get out but those matreps kept pushing and pushing. some of them fell on the floor and some of us helped them up while those idiots continued to mosh even when theres somebody injured infront of them. Somemore its a girl who's injured on the floor! fucking idiots. We helped her up and she was trembling in fear. We all felt really bad for her but we were damn pissed with the people who are being assholes. sheesh.

Nonetheless, we ignored that and enjoyed singing along to songs like Paperthin Hymn, Feel Good Drag, Whisper and a Clamor, DISMANTLE REPAIR!!!, Fin, Adelaide etc. I shouted like hell with razak for paperthin hymn, feel good drag and dismantle repair. Those 3 are like my favourite songs. I kept jumping and shouting 'dismantle me nowww! REPAIR! You've dismantled me! You've dismantled me!'. Everyone thought they were done after Dismantle Repair but they played Fin because literally everyone were shouting 'we want more!'. It was obvious that they were really happy to perform in singapore and Stephen said that they're gonna come back real soon. I'm hoping that they'll make a concert in singapore. If they do, i'm totally gonna buy the tickets!



Look at Isa's shoe! Our shoes from white became black and from black became brown. We were like drenched with sweat and we all look like we just got beat up. On the way back a couple of good things happened so lets just leave it at that okay? ;). ahahhah. anyways overall it was an enjoyable and a totally unforgettable night. The thing that pissed me off the most is how the mats were moshing during a slow song and someone even threw a SHOE at anberlin's bassist when they were performing. Please la, if you were performing and someone throws a shoe at you, wouldn't you be mad?! Luckily the bassist dodged it. The amount of people who go there to only mosh is staggering. Its about appreciating music and they only go there to mosh. I hope if anberlin comes again in the future, these type of people wont be present because it ruins the whole thing for us. I would pay to watch anberlin again!

I can say that yesterday night was one of the most memorable moments in my life so far! :D. I really enjoyed every moment of it! oh yea and now anberlin is one of my favourite bands ever! next to my one and only linkinpark. okay this is already long so i shall end it here.
oh well, gnite ppls! :D

No comments: