Thursday, July 30, 2009

i guess this is long enough.

wow holy crap i'm so tired right now but I dont even know why I'm still up at such an hour. I seriously need to stop sleeping at these times. it'll make me look horrible in the morning :/. I havent been making long ass entries so this one is gonna be the chain breaker. raaaar, Von asked me about my hair a few days ago when I just cut it. She was asking me if I dyed my hair because it had a faint brown colour to it. I was really surprised because I dont even dye my hair! I always thought that it was black! I went back and looked at some pictures on my computer and I found this one pic that shows exactly what von was talking about


See what I mean? Me and my sis took that pic back in January during my Houston trip. ironically it was also after I just got my haircut! it's frickin weird! that means that i'm not the only one because one of my younger cousins has the same exact hair colour as me. From what I study in bio during sec school, this might sound ridiculous but I think my mom and my aunt is a carrier of some weird hair colour gene from my grandparents or great grandparents. Because i'm not the only one since my younger cousin has it. My mom was telling me like how she thinks that I inherited my grandpa's obsession with anything that has to do with music ahaha. I always wanted my grandpa to teach me how to play the violin but sadly he passed away before that could happen :(. its alright i'll find myself a violin teacher one day and also i'd like to teach my children how to play the guitar in the future!

oh yea, that also reminds me of something stupid AHAH. Like 2 years back, I was doing this switch over from acoustic guitar to electric guitar and at first my dad taught me some basic riffs and power chords. So i told him 'dad, i'm tired of learning deep purple's smoke on the water. Can I learn some heavier riffs instead?'. Sad to say my dad gave me this 'wtf dream on kiddo' look. So i took the initiative to learn the intro riff, verse and chorus for 1 song. 'Dying in your Arms' by Trivium. AHAHA. okay fine its not THAT heavy but holy crap i spent the entire night from 11pm to 9am just trying to learn those parts. It felt so good to play it infront of my dad the next day, even though it had TONS of mistakes :P. and of course, i skipped the solo. maybe I should do a cover of the song soon just for old times sake. 'I'm wearing thin, wearing out, becoming weak. Holding hands with this rope, shes my self-destructive!' my favourite line from that song :D



Well I also havent really talked about the other members in band. Our new Vocalist is Qahar and hes 20 something. He's alright in terms of vocals but in some songs his voice is really good so we're kinda experimenting him with different kinds of songs. Our drummer is a close friend of halim, a guy called Shaieful but we know him as Chep. Hes so much better than me and halim on the guitar and hes also good in drums. Halim & Chep suggested that we should perform on Teacher's Day but i'm not sure where exactly its going to be at. It definately wont be at Jack's sec sch because he hates his school so its either between my school or halim and chep's school. I would really want to perform again because its just so much fun! Songs like this year's most open heartbreak, the feel good drag and smashed into peices just makes us feel so energetic when we play it! The riffs and the solos makes it really fun to play.

But of course if we are to perform for teacher's day, dont expect us to play heavy songs like hey john. even though its awesome, its just inappropriate for the bloody situation lah! D: So i'm thinking of a couple of good songs to play and so far what isn't heavy in my opinion is 4am forever by lost prophets. It good because it has a solo!!! I was also thinking of a particular song by escape the fate... but got some screamo eh. we'll see how lah. Its called 'Theres no sympathy for the dead' :D :D :D. the song is nice but learning the solo will be a bitch. :(. atleast 4am forever's solo isnt that hard! bah its still in early stages so as of yet, its not confirmed. I hope this entry is long enough because i've been wanting to do a long ass entry for quite sometime. i'm gonna sleep at 4am because of this entry. 'I hope you know, you're letting go. its 4am and i'm alooooone! *awesome solo kicks in*' ahaha ok i'm really blabbering nonsense right now.
oh well, gnite ppls! :D (hello eye bags)

No comments: